Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Color Throwdown Challenge #162

I love blue & brown together!  This week's Color Throwdown challenge added a pale creamy yellow to the mix, too.  I'm generally a less is more kinda gal, so I almost didn't add the little striped ribbon - what do you think?  Is it one element too many?  I'm still pleased with the outcome either way:
Patterned paper is Life's Journey Dictionary; Cardstock is Cocoa, Crystal Blue & Colonial White - CTMH; Stamp sets are Bloom & Grow - Verve; Happy Birthday - CTMH;  Inks are Desert Sand & Crystal Blue - CTMH; Just Blooms paper butterflies - CTMH;  Cuttlebug flower dies; Charming Oval dies - Verve;  Ribbon - CTMH;  Opaque Mocha Pearls - CTMH;

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

I really like the hint of stripes in the ribbon...overall a very beautiful card using these colors! So happy to have you join us in the Color Throwdown challenge!

Broni said...

Just beautiful! I love the flowers and butterflies on the printed background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the dictionary paper, the pretty flowers, the butterfly! Fabulous color combo. :o)

Christina said...

This is just beautiful. I love this Verve set and how you stamped the leaves directly on the dictionary paper. Wonderful use of the colors!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome card, Karen! Great job with the Color Throwdown colors! Your flowers look fantastic, and I especially like how the dictionary paper shows through the stamped leaves!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty card....the background looks awesome and I just love the beautiful flowers!!! Thanks for playing with is in the Color Throwdown!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails