Friday, March 30, 2012

If I had a Flower...

This card came about as a test run for a swap card that I'm working on (and if any of you HAS swappers are listening, trust me, it will look vastly different!)  But I need to test out my layout & measurements.  The only thing I'd do differently on this version if I was to make it again, is to do black zigzag stems, as the taupe thread doesn't show up enough:
Patterned papers are Wings; Cardstock is Vineyard Berry, Juniper, Black and Colonial White; Stamp set is Thoughts of You; Black Hemp; Black Mini-Medley buttons, Licorice Opaque Pearls; Black Ink - all CTMH; Scallop border die is Taylored Expressions; Spellbinders scallop circle die.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent card. All that stitching really takes it to the next level. :-)

Nancy Ball said...

GORGEOUS and I have not trouble counting 8 layers! I look forward to seeing the "REAL" card very soon!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!! The stitching is fabulous!!

EmileeAnn said...

Wonderful card, Karen! What lucky swappers. :-)

I agree that black stitching would really make the flowers pop.

Marie said...

Wow...this is GORGEOUS! Gonna have to CASE :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails