Sunday, April 7, 2013

Teenage birthday card

Making a birthday card for your son to give one of his friends who is turning 18, is about as stressful as card making gets!  He's a musical guy, who plays the guitar (guitar stamp, check!)... now to make sure that it's masculine, cool and not sappy (sigh).  I'm afraid that my style is generally bright with lots of patterned paper... so while it's bright & patterned, I managed to avoid anything floral, and no sappy sentiments.  I had this cool quote from Bob Dylan... the inside says "others just get wet."  I added wings to the guitar image, and shaded it & the wings with Copics:
Patterned paper is You Rock, Cardstock is Outdoor Denim & White Daisy; Stamp sets are Star Power & Follow Your Dreams, Inks are Outdoor denim & Indian Corn Blue; Natural hemp - all Close To My Heart; Copic Markers.

2 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Your son's friend will love this card! Its going straight to my guy-file...

Taheerah said...

This turned out so well! Perfect teen guy card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails