Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Birdie & Eggnus

It's my day to post on the Art Impressions blog.
I had SO much fun making today's card!  Next to card making, knitting is my big hobby - so when I find a knitting themed stamp - I'm a happy girl :o)  Today's card features Birdie & Eggnus (sku#U1836),  and since "Twine Time" is our current Ai challenge theme, I decided to knit with a little Baker's Twine, and add it to my card:
I started by casting on four stitches onto 2.75mm knitting needles, and I knit about 5 rows.  Then I transfered the stitches onto these little toothpicks that I found at a dollar store - the ends of them are shaped which make them look a lot like tiny knitting needles.
I love that Ai stamps come packaged with a full colour illustration (which I pretty much copied exactly!)  These just happen to be the first chickens that I've ever coloured, and it was so helpful to have a picture to go by.  Here are Birdie & Eggnus before I added the knitting:
A few of the details:
And the Copics that I used:
Happy stamping everyone :o)
 
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails