Monday, November 18, 2013

Have a Happy Birthday

Today is my oldest's 18th birthday!  He's away at school, so I made this a few days ago and sent it off in a care pkg (sniff).  I know, you're thinking that this isn't the most masculine of cards... but it is bright and fun, so I'm going with it :o)  I used CTMH's new Chevron Borders to make my background, stamping one of the strips repeatedly on the diagonal, cleaning it and reinking each time:
I just LOVE how the background turned out, and love this colour combo, too!  The card is 5 1/2" square.
Cardstock is Pacifica, Lagoon, Pear, Smoothie, Creme Brulee & White Daisy; Inks are Pacifica, Lagoon, Smoothie, Cotton Candy, Pear & Creme Brulee; Stamp sets are A Little Everything & Chevron Borders - all Close To My Heart;  Twine is American Crafts.

5 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Gorgeous HAPPY card! Those chevrons give such a great sense of movement. Your son will LOVE it (I know what you mean about :( kids being away...).

Deb Fortin said...

I love this card. i finally succumbed and bought that stamp set. now to ink it up and use it.
what a great inspiration photo. TFS

Nancy Ball said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE and LIFTED!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Adam! I know he will love it!

Jayma Malme said...

I absolutely love your background! The colirs and arrows and diagonal :-) I'm sure he'll appreciate the catd...and especially the care pkg. lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails