Friday, January 3, 2014

Color Throwdown #273

Yes, I know it's January, but I'm still in Christmas card mode... it's gloriously sunny here, and -30 degrees Celsuis, so it's easy to still be thinking of the holidays.  I've used this week's pretty grey/turquiose colour combo from the Color Throwdown challenge, and used Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday sketch with a few tweeks.  So far I'm sticking to my "always make two" mantra for Christmas cards:


 
Cardstock is Grey Mist, Heavenly Blue & White Daisy; Stamp sets are In the Background, Scandinavian Wishes & Remarkable Wreath; Inks are Grey Mist, Grey Wool & Heavenly Blue; Bitty sparkles; Button - all Close To My Heart; Ribbon from Michaels.

6 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. Love the soft look. That wreath is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I agree with Monika, such a fantastic card with a soft, dreamy look! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you an even better New Year :)

Broni said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! Great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

That is cold!! Lovely wreath and works great with the colors and sketch!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love these colors for a holiday design. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

canadian_liner said...

The remarkable wreath (one of my all-time FAVE stamps) looks spectacular in grey! Great idea to make two cards at once, and a Winter Wishes card is most appropriate for those (ahem!) who didn't get all their Xmas cards sent out before the 25th...
Thanks for the head's up on the Verve win! Super-excited!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails