Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Gift Set

It is my Tuesday post on the Art Impressions blog, today!
Easter is just around the corner, so I've made up a little gift set to celebrate the occassion!  Warning - lots of photos ahead...  One stamp that is definitely a signature image for Art Impressions is "The Fence" (Sku#P1499), and I am using it to make a Front & Back card along with Bunny FB (Sku#K1566), F & B Peeking Rabbit (Sku#K1750), Egg Basket (Sku#G1755) and Got Eggs? (Sku#D4015):
There was a lot of stamping, colouring and fussy cutting for this project - and yes, it did take a little time!  Here's what I started with on my craft table:
 
I began by colouring and fussy cutting around each piece.  The outer fence is part of the card base, and I glued the second fence to the back side of it.  Then I glued on the die cut grass along the bottom edges.  I added the bunny butts to the outside of the card, and matched their fronts to them on the inside, along with the basket of eggs.  I created a little hillside of gingham paper and glued it to the inside base along with the clouds and sky, then stamped the sentiment, "Got Eggs?":



For the matching treat holder, I cut a 4" x 12" piece of cardstock, scored it at 5 1/4" and 6 3/4", and cut a 2" circle out of one end.  I used a Spellbinders Label die to cut a shape for the top, and a small strip of green cardstock folded over the top.  The bunny was fussy cut and glued over the circle:

I used just the backview image, because I wanted it to look like the bunny was peeking in at the eggs:


I filled a small cello bag with Easter grass and a few chocolate eggs, then sandwiched it between the topper that I stapled on.

 
Did you see the Mini Front & Back images that we launched here on the blog a few weeks ago?  Well they would all work just perfectly with both the fence and the treat bag idea - and not just for Easter, maybe for a birthday party?  Another occassion?  And be sure to check out the Front & Back section on the Ai website - there are several dozen images to use along with the Fence.
Copic Markers used:
Fence: W1, W3, W5
Bunnies: E51, E53, E55, C1, R20, R22
Basket: E53, E55, E57, Y21, Y23, R81, R83, G40, G43, B01, B00, B000, V20, V22
Happy stamping, & Happy Easter!

 


2 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Karen, both of your projects are fantastic. Great card with both bunnies peeking through the fence at the basket and that treat bag is awesome.

Orietta VĂ©lez Dumani said...

It is the loveliest card I´ve seen in a while. Great coloring of the bunnies, fence, and all. Thanks for the explanations, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails