Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rustic Watercolour

 I'm combining old & new Ai watercolor sets today.  When I saw the cowboy boot in the WC Rustic Container Set (Sku #4871), I knew that I wanted to pair it with Southwest (Sku #4763).  I ended up just using the rocks from Southwest... but I'll be revisiting the boot with the cacti at a later date.  What I did add, was a sprinkling of wildflowers using WC Flower Set 2 (Sku #4868) the tiniest foliage from WC Foliage Set 2 New (Sku #4867), and the grass from Foliage Set (Sku #4051):
 I started by stamping the boot, masked it - then added the rocks and flowers.  I used my damp #6 Art Impressions paintbrush to soften the lines and pull out the colour.  I scribbled my markers onto my palette, and then picked up the colour with my paintbrush to add a little more depth to the boot and to colour in the sky.  I "almost" sketched in some mountains in the background... but chickened out!  Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone :o)
Check out the range of watercolour sets available on the Art Impressions website here.  Happy Painting!


2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Karen this is beautifully designed.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Allie said...

I love your combination of sets here - such a great country scene!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails