Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Antiques Window

I am a big fan of stitching with my sewing machine on my cards & projects, and recently started experimenting with this metallic gold thread from Gutermann.  I was doubtful that it would stand up well, because it is such a delicate filament, but it works beautifully!  I used it to glam up this week's card for Art Impressions using Antiques Window (Sku #4587):
 Even though this is a masculine card, I don't find the gold thread to be over the top - it just adds a bit of glimmer.  I made a frame with a double row of wonky stitching and popped it up with pop dots.  I did a little zigzag stitch on the heart, and popped both it and the main image up as well.  The Antiques Window is one of the Windows To The World stamps - they're quick to colour and have wonderful sayings written around them.  *This would be a great Father's Day card... you can find all the WTTW stamps here.  Happy stamping!



1 comment:

Allie said...

What a great card! I LOVE the addition of the thread and think it goes perfectly with the rustic theme. Awesome stitching - make it very unique :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails