Saturday, June 10, 2017

Mojo Monday #500

This week's Mojo Monday post was a sad one - Julee is closing the challenge after almost 10 years!  That's an incredibly long time for anyone to keep a challenge blog going - and all the work that goes along with it, so I can appreciate the time involved.  On the upside, she's going to spend more time with her family, which is really what it's all about.  This is my FAVOURITE challenge, and always has been.  I give Julee & Mojo a lot of credit for why I started my blog seven years ago (almost to the day).  I fell in love with Verve stamps, and many of their designers are people that I still follow closely today (Teresa Kline, Maureen Plut, Amy Scheffer, and Julee to name a few).  I also wanted to be able to leave comments on their blogs & to play along with the challenges.  Here is what I came up with for this week's sketch:
I used Verve's Simply Amazing stamp set and Amazing Adjectives dies for my card, along with Echo Park's Hello Summer papers from a few years ago.  I haven't been able to play along with Mojo Monday as often as I would like, especially over the last couple of years when I've been working more, but I did check it out every single week.  I am also very proud that I won on Mojo a few years back, and wanted to share my winning card with you from Mojo #177 on Feb 14/2011.  It's still one of my favourite cards:
With a little luck I'll get a couple more Mojo cards snuck in before the challenge closes... I have quite a few favourite Verve stamp sets that I'd like to use :o)

3 comments:

Carmela said...

Very pretty cards! Love the color scheme on your first card and I love the sewing card. Very cute!

Allie said...

Great card with the sketch!! I seem to remember that cool sewing card, too, from way back when ;). I hope to get mine posted later today or tomorrow. Nice work!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card, Karen. I've loved peeking in at your blog over the years, and will continue to. You always have something delightful to share. Thanks for joining us for our final challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails