Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reel Great Guys

 I have a wonderful masculine card to share with you today!  I reely (pun intended) love this Art Impressions stamp set - it comes with all the right stamps/sentiments to customize it for your favourite fishermen.  I was completely inspired by the talented Sandy Allnock, who has a tutorial on creating this card with a realistic background on her blog.  Here's my attempt using Reel Great Guys (Sku #4900):
After stamping my image and colouring it with Copic markers,  I used my blue marker to sketch in the shore line, and then used the black water lines from the image as a guide to add some swirls and ripples to the water.  I used my "00" Copic blender, to add some water dots and spray as well.  Using several shades of green, I added just the suggestion of trees along the shore and added some colour to the sky.  I stamped the fish separately, coloured and fussy cut him, then used pop dots to attach him to the base.  There is another large image included in this set, so I made a second card:
Isn't he cute?!  All of the sentiments in Reel Great Guys are fishing themed, but I wanted something more generic, so I used the "Keep Calm and Float On" sentiment that comes in Stayin' Afloat Set (Sku #4239).
Happy stamping!
Copics used: Skin tones - E13, E11, E00, E000, R30
Blues - B26, B24, B23, B21, B02, B00, B000, B0000
Reds - R35, R32, R30
Greens - YG03, YG01, YG00, YG91, G66, G63, G61
Greys - W5, W3, W1, W00, C7, C5, C3, C1
Yellows - Y35, Y32, Y11
Browns - E57, E55, E53, E51, E50

1 comment:

StampcatLisa said...

Hi. I just purchased this stamp set to make a birthday card for my son. I love this card you made. Im wondering how you did the water marking and the trees in the back. I dont use Copic Markers. I hadnt heard of them but up until a few moths ago and I have been stamping for seems like forever, at least since the early 90's. I do use the stampin ups stamp n write markers and the pads that go with them. But I was also wondering if the trees are a seperate stamp because there werent any trees stamps in my set.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails