Thursday, September 21, 2017

Flowers & Foliage

The Art Impressions Design Team are back with week 2 of our Flowers & Foliage challenge - and we are helping to launch the newest collection of Ai Watercolour sets.  (If you didn't see last Thursday's post on the Ai blog - check it out, our Watercolour Design Team posted some gorgeous creations!).  I made a special card today for my wonderful niece, who just completed her Masters degree - an achievement in itself, but she also did it while teaching full time, and building a new house with her husband.  Yes, she is Superwoman.  I couldn't be happier for her!  She also got a very cute new puppy named Axe recently... so when Ai came out with the cute little puppies set in their watercolour line - I new what I was creating!
I started by stamping one of the puppies from WC Dogs Set (Sku #4959) and added an eye patch just like Axe has...  Then I masked him and stamped the milk pail from WC Containers (Sku #4111).  The bits & pieces in the pail are all from the WC Fall Set (Sku #4963) - love these!!  And then I used one of my favourite new Ai products - the WC Fence Dies (Sku #4967).  I die cut the fence out of a scrap piece of paper and used it as a mask behind my images, and then painted around it to create my grassy hillside.  I added some shadows to the undersides of the fence boards to give it some dimension.  (If you take another peak at the Halloween Shadow Box that I shared a few weeks ago, you'll see that I used the Fence dies to create my creepy fence!).  The grasses are from Foliage Set (Sku #4051) and the sentiment is from WC Sentiments Set (Sku #4903).


3 comments:

Scrapthat said...

I am betting these were a blast to play with!! TFS

Colleen said...

Love it the dog is so cute

Allie said...

I love all of the details in this card! A beautiful scene you have created. I just love this card which was so fun to get in the mail, thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails